You will need
– Clear glass cabochons
– Pictures (i.e photos, printed material anything on paper will work as long as the ink doesn’t run when wet)
– Small scissors
– Clear adhesive (Mod-Podge Dimensional Magic, Glossy Accents etc)
1. Cut the image to fit the glass cabochon. You can either hold the glass cabochon firmly on the paper and cut around with small scissors or trace around the cabochon with a pencil and cut inside the tracing. The glass cabochon are very forgiving so you don’t need to be too exact or too neat.
2. Apply a some glaze to the back of the glass cabochon. For bigger cabochons (i.e 25mm and upwards) apply a thin layer, make sure there are no air bubbles and gently drop face down on top. If there are air bubble in the glaze before dropping the image on top use a pin to push them to the side. For smaller cabochons (20mm & 18mm) you can apply a few drops of glaze on the back of the glass cabochon and place the image face down on top. Place the glass cabochon between your thumb & forefinger and apply pressure to spread the glaze out. Clean any excess glaze with a damp towel.
3. When the cabochons are dry glue to the frame. You can use your glaze/clear adhesive or jewellers glue.