Stunning crystal dragonfly pendant is easy to make by reading our step-by-step tutorial below. For the best results use Artistic Wire. All supplies available separately online in our store
You will need
6cm 18ga wire
84cm 24ga wire
1 39mm cast metal ring
1 bead hanger
1 3mm spacer bead
5 4x6mm Imperial Crystal rondelles
36-42 3x4mm Imperial Crystal rondelles
4 12x8mm Imperial Crystal beads
1. Divide the 24ga wire into one 50cm, two 7cm and one 10cm lengths.
2. Take the 6cm length of 18ga wire. Create a 1.5cm tail and secure the wire to rim of the hoop wrapping the tail around (Picture 2B). Use your flat nose-pliers to finish the end flushed (Picture 2C). This wire is the body of the dragonfly.
3. Take the 50cm length of wire. Create a 2cm tail and secure the tail of wire to the rim of the hoop (opposite from the wire which is the body of the dragonfly – Picture 3A) by wrapping the tail around until the wire is secure. Now thread the bottom loop of bead hanger and sit the bead hanger so it sits on the top of the hoop creating a bail. Secure the bead hanger by threading the wire through the bottom loop and around the rim of the hoop two or three times. Finish securing the bead hanger by wrapping the hoop three times to the right of the bead hanger (Picture 3B)
4. Thread three 3x4mm rondelles on the wire. Gently arch them using the picture 4A as a guide and secure to the rim of the hoop by wrapping the wire around the hoop three times. Make sure the wire which is the body of the dragonfly is sitting opposite the bail slightly to the right. Now repeat this step until the rim of the hoop is decorated with crystals. When you get to the wire the body of the dragonfly) just work the wire over it Secure the wire by wrapping around the hoop. Trim the wire and finish flushed to avoid any sharp edges.
5.Thread on the body of the dragonfly one 3mm spacer bead and four 4x6mm rondelles. Slightly bend the wire with in an arch your fingers using the picture as a guide.
6. Take the one 7cm section of wire. Using your round nose-pliers to make a loop on the end of each and thread one tear-drop crystal bead. Start creating one half of the wings by using the picture as a guide wrap the end of the wire around once the body of the dragonfly. Repeat this step to create the other half of the second wing.
7. Take the last 4x6mm Imperial Crystal rondelle and thread the body of the dragonfly. If needed trim the body and finish with a loop.
8. Take two tear-drop crystal beads and thread them on the two open sections of wire (the other side of the wing). Work the body of the body of the dragonfly and so that the wings touch the edge of hoop use picture 8A as a guilde. Wrap the wire around the rim to secur
9. Take the 10cm section of wire and fold it in half. Place the fold around the body above the wings and the just under the bead that form the head use picture 9A as a guide. Now wrap section of wire side diagonally. Then repeat repeat by wrapping the second section of wire the opposite side.