22 metres of nylon cord
3 beads with big holes
1 key charm
30cm of 24ga wire folded in half
Kits are available here
1. Cut two 50cm length of cord and set aside.
2. Wind the remaining 21 metres of cord around a piece of card.
3. Take one of the 50cm length of cord and thread it through the top cord on the piece of card. Sit the cord half way.
4 & 5 Grab the top cord and cut the bottom of the wrapped section.
6. Secure the cut pieces of cord by taking the longer section and tying with a knot.
7, 8 & 9. Take the length of 24ga wire and fold it in half, placing the length of thread on the top of the tassel in the fold. Using the wire like a needle thread the two open ends pulling the thread through the three beads and through the key ring and then back through the beads again.
10. Tighten the thread and flip your tassel upside down to find the centre. Now create a knot that sits in the centre of the folded tassel. Make sure the tassel is flushed to the bead before securing the knot (either by double knotting or adding a touch a glue). Secure the thread with a knot.
11 & 12. Finish the tassel by taking your second length of cord and creating a wrapped knot. Follow our step-by-step tutorial on how to do this here (don’t worry it’s a lot easier than it looks).