1. Cut the wire into eight 25cm sections.
2. Take one 25cm section of wire and fold it approximately half way making one section of wire 3cm longer than the other. Sit the hoop so it sits in the fold. Now twist the longer section of wire around the hoop four times to secure the wire (picture 2A). Using the picture as a placement guide repeat this step to attach the other seven wire sections, the roots of the tree (picture 2B).
3. Create the trunk by bringing all the wire together in the centre and twisting. Make the twist section measure approx. 1cm (picture 3A) Now separate the wire sitting and spreading them out so the wire are grouped in their original eight groups of two (picture 3b).
4. Take right hand side’s four groups of wire (eight strands) and twist for 0.5cm. Now take the remaining four groups sitting on the left side and twist them.
Re-separate the wires so they sit in their original eight groups of two (picture 4A)
5. Now take the right hand side’s bottom two groups of wire (four strands) and twist together for 0.5 to 1cm (Picture 5A) *Working in an ant-clockwise direction take the next two groups of wire (four strands) and twist together for 0.5 to 1cm** Repeat from * to ** two more times (Picture 5B). Re-separate the wires so they sit in their original eight groups of two
6. Now take the right had side’s bottom two groups of wire (four strands). Take three of the strands (so one strand is intentionally left out – this is where your moon will sit) and twist together for 0.5 to 1cm (Picture 6A).
7. Working in an anti-clockwise direction select the next group of two wires (3rd group from the bottom right). Twist together for 0.5 to 1cm. Keep repeating this step working in anti-clockwise direction so that remaining five groups of two wire have been twisted together for 0.5 to 1cm (Picture 7A).
8. Thread on the single length of wire (step 6) the flat coin pearl bead (your moon) and some gemstone chips, so the chips sit comfortable under the hoop and secure the excess wire by wrapping around the top of the hoop. Trim if needed (Picture 8A).
9. Now add the gemstone leaves of the rest of the tree. Start with the bottom right hand strand and work in an anticlockwise direction. Thread on one strand some gemstone chips, so the chips sit comfortable under the hoop and secure the excess wire by wrapping around the top of the hoop. Trim if needed. Make sure the chips don’t cover the moon. You may need to adjust your tree by twisting the wire to make the branches longer.
10. Finished the pendant by taking one 8mm jump ring and threading a bead hanger and the top of the pendant. Hang on the leather cord.