Creative Beading Dreaming of Flowers Necklace
As seen in Creative Beading Magazine 2014
1 cast metal toggle leaf clasp
3 30mm cast metal round filigree
34cm Tiger tail (divided in two 17cm sections)
4 crimp beads
4 wire guardian
4 crimp bead covers
18 links (10cm) 7x5mm brass oval chain
20 6mm jump rings
14 8mm cast metal daisy spacers
34 6mm cast metal daisy spacers
6 6mm cast metal bead caps
74 head pins
2 30mm acrylic Lucite-Style pansy flower bead
1 30mm acrylic Lucite-Style Hibiscus flower bead
6 17mm acrylic Lucite-Style star flower bead
4 16mm acrylic Lucite-Style flat flower bead
14 10mm acrylic Lucite-Style small flower cup bead
12 13mm acrylic Lucite-Style daisy flower bead
44 8x6mm Imperial Crystal Rondelle beads
30 4x6mm Imperial Crystal Rondelle beads
39 4mm Imperial Crystal bicones
Materials are available at wwww.beadsonline.com.au
1. Take three head pins, three 4mm bicone beads, three 8mm daisy spacers, two 30mm Lucite-style pansy beads, one 30mm Lucite-style Hibiscus bead and three 30mm cast metal round filigree. Now thread on each head pin one bicone bead, one 8mm daisy spacer, one Lucite-style flower bead. Apply some glue on the back of the Lucite-style flower bead. Now thread the head pin through the middle hole of the cast metal filigree. Bend the head pin the head pin at a 90 degree angle so it sits flat on the back of the filigree (this will hold the beads in place while the glue dries). Once the glue is dry. Wrap the end of the head pin around the edge of the filigree. Finished flushed and trim if needed.
2. You are now going to make some beaded-dangles to attach to the bottom of the each of the three filigree flowers from step 1.
You attach the beaded dangle before closing the loop.
Use Picture 1 & Picture 2 as a placement guide
Bottom Middle loop: Take the last larger size head pin and thread one 6x8mm rondelle, one 8mm daisy spacer and one 6x8mm rondelle.
One from the middle: Two 4x6mm rondelles
Two from the middle: One 4x6mm rondelle bead, one 4mm daisy spacer and one 4x6mm rondelle.
Three from the middle: One 6x8mm rondelle and one bead cap.
Four from the middle: One 4x6mm rondelle.
NOTE: Beaded-dangles are created by threading the bead or sequence of beads on a head pin, then trimming the head pin 1cm from the last bead and forming a loop.
3. Use the Picture 3 a guide to join the filigree together. You are going to use two 6mm jump rings each side of the middle filigree.
4. Divide your chain into two nine link sections. Using Picture 4 as a guide to which holes to thread attach chain to the filigree centre section using 6mm jump rings.
5. Take one wire guardian and thread the end link of one of the section of chain. Now take one 17cm section of tiger tail and thread the tail through one crimp bead, the wire guardian (still threaded through the chain) and back through the crimp bead. Crimp the crimp bead with your crimping pliers. Take your flat-nose pliers and gently place the crimp cover on top of the crimp to hide. Now thread the one x 6x8mm rondelle bead and one daisy spacer fourteen times. On the last repetition omit the daisy spacer. Finish the necklace strap by threading a crimp bead and work through one wire guardian and through the crimp bead again. Close the crimp bead and cover with a crimp cover. Repeat this step for the second necklace strap.
6. Create the following beaded dangles (Picture 5)
A Eight long rondelle beaded-dangles: One 6x8mm rondelle, one 8mm daisy spacer bead and one 6x8mm rondelle
B Fourteen flower cup beaded-dangles: One 4mm bicone bead and one 10mm Lucite-style flower cup bead
C Twelve daisy flower beaded-dangles: One 4mm bicone bead and one 14mm Lucite-style daisy flower
D Six star flower beaded-dangles: One bicone bead and one 17mm Lucite-style star flower bead
E Four flat flower beaded-dangles: One bicone bead and one 16mm Lucite-stle flat flower bead
7. Attach the beaded-dangles to the chain using 6mm jump rings in the following below order. Start on the first link next to the jump ring attaching the chain the filigree. Keep adding beaded-dangles every second link – use the same sequence for both sides of the necklace. Cluster all the items on one jump ring (Picture 5), using one jump ring per link and then attach to the chain.
Link 1: One long rondelle beaded-dangle (step 6A), one flower cup beaded-dangle (step 6B), one daisy flower beaded-dangle (step 6C) and one star flower beaded-dangle (step 6d)
Link 3: One long rondelle beaded-dangle (step 6A), one flower cup beaded-dangle (step 6B), one daisy flower beaded-dangle (step 6C) and one flat flower beaded-dangle (step 6E)
Link 5: Same as link 1
Link 7: Same as link 3
Link 9: One flower cup beaded-dangle (step 6B), one daisy flower beaded-dangle (step 6C) and one flat flower beaded-dangle (step 6E)
8. Take one jump ring and thread two flower cup beaded-dangle (step 6B) and one daisy flower beaded-dangle (step 6C). Attached to the wire guardian (this will cover it up).
Repeat for other side. Take two jump rings and attach the clasp to the ends of the necklace.