Published in Australian Beading
4 4mm jump rings
2 6mm jump rings
2 ear hooks
2 head pins with ball
2 filigree bead caps
2 Trinity Brass filigree ring
2 Trinity Brass baby dragonfly
2 tear drops
2 size 8 seed beads
Flat nose pliers
Bent nose pliers
Round nose pliers
Materials are available at wwww.beadsonline.com.au
1. Take your round nose pliers and gentle curve the top loop of the brass baby dragonfly.
2. Sit the dragonfly on the filigree. Make sure it sits on one of the diamond configuration on the filigree (see finished picture) The position of the dragonfly is important as you want it to sit on the bottom when you add your ear hooks. Once the dragonfly is in position clip it in place with your flat nose pliers.
3. Take your round nose pliers and curve the dragonfly tail around so it creates a loop. The end of the tail should touch the filigree holding the dragonfly firmly in place.
4. Take one head pin and thread one seed bead, one filigree bead cap and one tear drop. Trim 1cm from the bead and start to form a loop before closing threading the curved tail of the dragonfly.
5. Take two 4mm jump rings and thread the top of the filigree (using the finished picture as a guide). Take one 6mm jump ring and thread both 4mm jump rings and the ear hook.
6. Repeat step 1 to 5 for other earring.