Enchanting Tassel Necklace
1 108x54x13mm cast metal fabric embroidered focal pendant
1 cast metal bead cone
1 3mm spacer bead
7cm 22ga wire
4 head pins with ball
2 head pins
20 small eye pins
20 medium eye pins
30 6mm jump rings
1 8mm cast metal twisted ring
16 6mm rhinestone rondelle beads
8 3x4mm Imperial rondelle crystals – red
4 3x4mm Imperial rondelle crystals – black
12 8x10mm Imperial rondelle crystal – red
54 6x8mm Imperial rondelle – black
4 12x24mm Imperial Crystal eye beads
Materials are available at wwww.beadsonline.com.au
1. Divide the chain into twelve 10cm lengths.
TIP: The easiest way to do this is to measure one length of chain then hang it off an eye pin and then hang, measure and cut the remaining chain against the first section (picture 1).
2. Take one 4mm jump ring and thread the ends of three 10cm lengths of chain. Repeat this step three more times.
3. Take your 7cm wire and measure 2.5cm from the end and create a 90 degree angle. Start to form a wrapped loop. Before closing the loop and securing the wrap thread the four 4mm jump rings with chain attach from step 2.
4. Thread on the open end of the wire one cone and one 3mm spacer bead. Take the embroidered pendant. Now start to create a wrapped loop but before closing the loop and securing with the wrap thread the centre bottom loop of the embroidered pendant.
5. Create a beaded-dangle by taking one head pin with ball and thread one 3x4mm black rondelle and one 8x10mm red rondelle. Finish with a wrapped loop. Create a beaded-connector by taking one eye pin and threading one black 6x8mm rondelle and forming a loop. Before closing the loop thread the top loop of the previously created beaded dangle. *Take another eye pin and thread one 6x8mm rondelle and form a loop. Before closing the loop create a beaded chain by attaching to the previous beaded-connector**. Repeat from * to ** for the third link. Repeat this step three more times so you will have in total four beaded sections.
6. From the tassel select one random section of the chain. Cut the chain 1cm from the top. Take one of the beaded chains from step 5, gently undo the top loop and hang off the cut chain. Repeat this step three more times cutting the chain in various sizes.
7. Take one head pin and thread one 6x8mm rondelle, form a beaded dangle and attach to the bottom left loop of the pendant. Repeat this step but attach the beaded-dangle to the bottom right loop.
8. Create the following beaded-connectors:
A: Eight rhinestone beaded-connectors: One 6x8mm black rondelle, one rhinestone rondelle and one 6x8mm black rondelle
B: Eight red beaded-connectors: One 8x10mm red rondelle
C: Eight long beaded-connectors: Three 6x8mm black rondelle
D: Four eye beaded-connectors: One 3x4mm red rondelle, one rhinestone rondelle, one eye bead, one rhinestone rondelle and one 3x4mm red rondelle
NOTE: Beaded-connectors are created by threading the bead or sequence of beads on an eye pin, then trimming the eye pin 1cm from the last bead and forming a loop
9. Create the right beaded strap by using 6mm jump ring to join the beaded connectors in the following order: One long beaded-connector (step 8c), one rhinestone beaded-connector (step 8a) one eye beaded-connector (step 8d), one red beaded-connector (step 8b), one eye beaded-connector, *one long beaded-connector, one red beaded-connector, one rhinestone beaded connector** repeat from * to ** two times and one 8mm twisted ring. Take one 6mm jump ring and attach the beaded strap to the top loop of the centre pendant
10. Create the left beaded strap by using 6mm jump ring to join the beaded connectors in the following order: *One rhinestone beaded-connector (step 8a), one red beaded-connector (step 8b), one long beaded-connector (step 8c)**, repeat from * to **, one rhinestone beaded-connector, one eye beaded-connector (step 8d), one red beaded-connector, one eye beaded-connector, one long beaded-connector, repeat from * to ** and one clasp. Finish by taking one 6mm jump ring and attach the beaded strap to the top loop of the centre pendant