Long Crystal Owl Necklace
1 27mm cast metal twisted ring
22 10mm cast metal twisted ring
1 cast metal 3d owl pendant
2 24mm cast metal lace connectors
70 4x6mm Imperial Crystal rondelle
10 10mm Imperial Crystal beads
1 4mm Imperial Crystal bicone black diamond
1 17mm Lucite star flower
2 3.2 rhinestone glass cabochon
1 head pin w/ball
9 6mm jump rings
24 eye pins
Materials are available at wwww.beadsonline.com.au
1. Take one eye pin and thread 5 x 4x6mm rondelle. Trim 1cm from the bead and form a loop. Repeat this step 13 more times so you have in total 14 long beaded connectors.
2. Take one eye pin and thread 1 x 10mm bead. Trim 1cm from the bead and form a loop. Repeat this step 9 more times so you have in total 10 short beaded connectors.
3. Take one long beaded connector and using your round-nose pliers gently undo one of the end loop and thread 1 x 10mm twisted ring. Close the end loop securely around the twisted ring. You may want to change to your flat nose pliers to make sure the ends are closed securely. Attach one more ring to the other side of the long beaded connector using the same technique. Take one short beaded connector and undo the end loop and attach to the last twisted ring. Attach one new twisted ring to the other side of the short beaded connectors. Take one new long beaded connector and attach to the last twisted ring. Take one 6mm jump ring and thread the other end of the long beaded connector and one lace connector.
4. Take one 6mm jump ring and thread the other side of the lace connector and one long beaded connector. Gently undo the loop of the other side long beaded connector and thread one twisted ring. Keep adding to the beaded chain using the technique of opening beaded connector and joining them to twisted connectors using the following combination three times: 1 x short connectors, 1 x twisted ring , 1 x long beaded connector, 1 x twisted ring. On the last repetition omit the last twisted ring.
5. Repeat step 3 & 4 for the second necklace strap
6. Take one eye pin and thread 1 x 4mm bicone and 1 x Lucite flower. Hold the flower flushed on the 27mm twisted ring and secure by wrapping the head pin around the twisted ring a few times. Take one 6mm jump ring and thread one owl pendant and the large twisted ring. Take one 6mm jump ring and thread one of the necklace straps and the large twisted ring. Take one more 6mm jump ring and attach the last necklace strap. Take 2 x rhinestone glass cabochons and glue the rhinestones to the owls eyes. Take the last 2 jump rings and attach the clasp to the end of the necklace.