Swarovski bicone woven earrings
As seen in Australian Beading October 2011
40cm flexrite 7 strand 0.07 (or any very thin tiger tail/ beading wire)
2 Trinity Brass ear hooks
2 Trinity Brass etched rings
2 Trinity Brass 25mm hammered rings
2 eye pins
12 4mm Swarovski bicone chrysolite opal
8 4mm Swarovski bicone white opal
2 8mm Swarovski bicone chrysolite opal
Materials are available at wwww.beadsonline.com.au
1. Take one 20cm length of flex-rite and fold it in half. Take both ends through the punched hole in the top of the hammered hoop and back through the fold of the flex-rite securing the flex-rite to the ring. *Take one section of the flexrite and thread it through the left side of a chrysolite opal bicone, take the other section of flexrite and thread it through the right side of the bicone. Pull both section of flex-rite so the bead is positioned sitting horizontally at the top. Thread one white opal bicone one on each piece section of flexrite.** Repeat from * to **.
2. Take one section of the flexrite and thread it through the left side of a new chrysolite opal bicone, take the other section of flexrite and thread it through the right side of the bicone. Repeat this step 2 times.
3. Wrap the weave section around the hammered hoop so it forms a ring. Take one section of the wire and thread it through the first bead. Knot the thread and apply a small amount of glue. Now pull the knot to hide it under the bead.
4. Take one eye pin and thread one 8mm bicone. Create a beaded connector by trimming the eye pin 1cm from the bead and form a loop. Take one etched jump ring and thread it through the back of the woven section and the beaded connector. Gently open up the bottom loop of one ear wire and thread the other end of the beaded connector.
5. Repeat step 1 to 4 to make up the second earring.