Vintange Cameo Orchid & Silk Necklace
For lovers of all things vintage...
1 hand dyed silk fairy ribbon pink
1 40mm brass filigree petal flower
2 wire guardians
3 8mm jump rings
3 6mm brass jump rings
9 head pins with balls
22 4mm corrugated spacers beads
2 5mm corrugated crimp covers
26cm tiger tail
1 43x32mm pink flower orchid cameo
9 3mm pink coral Czech fire-polish bead
22 6mm opaque pink Czech glass bead
E6000 or craft glue
Materials are available at wwww.beadsonline.com.au
1. Take your tiger tail and thread on one crimp bead and through one wire guardian. Then take the wire back through the crimp and close with crimping pliers.
2. Thread on one 6mm glass bead and one 4mm corrugated spacers bead; repeat this 11 times. This is the center of the necklace. Then thread on a one 4mm corrugated spacers bead and one 6mm glass bead; repeat this 11 times.
3. Take your tiger tail and thread on one crimp and one wire guardian. Then take the wire back through the crimp and the last few beads threaded and close with crimping pliers. Trim the excess wire.
4. Cover the crimps with crimp covers. Slide the crimp cover over the crimp, secure with flat-nose pliers.
5. Take you head pin and thread a 3mm Czech fire-polish bead; trim the head pins 1cm from the bead and start to make a loop. Repeat 8 more times so you have in total 9 fire-polish dangles.
6. Take your large filigree and flatten the raised sections with your flat-nose pliers, this will make it easier for the flower to be glued.
7. Take your 6mm jump ring and thread through the one of the holes on the inner top petal; close. Repeat for other side of the petal, using diagram as a guide.
8. Thread an 8mm jump ring through the right 6mm jump ring, one fire-polish dangle and then through the left 6mm jump ring and then thread on 8 fire-polish dangles. Take another 6mm jump ring and thread through the top of the 8mm jump ring ensuring that five fire-polish dangles sit on either side. Before closing thread through the center of the beaded necklace.
9. Take a 8mm jump ring and thread through the left wire guardian; repeat for other side.
10. Use the ribbon to string the 2 end 8mm jump rings and tie a bow.
11. Glue your flower cameo to your center of the large filigree.