Wire Wrapped Horse Eye Pendants
90cm 28ga wire
1 73x33mm cast metal horse out lined pendant
1 14mm Czech dahlia bead
8 size 6 toho beads colour A
19 size 6 toho beads colour B
10 size 6 toho beads colour C
20 size 6 toho beads colour D
9 3x4mm crystal rondelle beads
1 leather cord for hanging
Materials are available at wwww.beadsonline.com.au
1. Take 90cm of 28ga wire and bend a 3cm tail at a 90 degree angle.
2. Place the bottom left edge of the pendant in the fold of the wire. Place the tail on the top.
3. Now wrap the entire tail section around the edge of the frame to secure the wire. When finished squeeze together the wraps making sure they are nice and straight (you can use your fingers or pliers). Use your pliers to finish the end of the wire flushed to the pendant so the end of the wire will not stick out.
4. Take the longer section of wire and bring it through the centre of the frame to the other side. Position the wire so it sits under the frame. Thread one 14mm dahlia bead on the wire sitting the bead in the bottom of the frame.
5. Secure the bead to the frame by wrapping the wire around the edge of the frame six times.
6. Now thread the wire back through the bead and position the wire under the frame.
7. Secure the wire by wrapping six times around the edge of the frame stacking your coils against each other.
8. Add the first layer of beads by threading eight colour A seed beads on the wire. Position the beads in an arch over the dahlia bead. Make sure the end bead is touching the edge of the frame before you start to wrap. Now wrap the wire six times stacking your coils against each other.
9. Add the second layer of seed beads which is nine colour B seed beads. Make sure the end bead is touching the edge of the frame before you start to wrap. Now wrap the wire six times stacking your coils against each other. Now take the wire across the centre of the pendant to the opposite edge of the frame sitting the wire under the frame*
*It is important you always position your wire under the opposite edge of the frame before you start each section. This ensure your wraps start on the underside going over the frame at the start of each wrap.
Keep repeating this step using the beads below for each layer (feel free to use more or less beads):
Third Layer: Ten colour B
Fourth Layer: Ten colour C
Fifth Layer: Ten colour D
Sixth Layer: Ten colour D
TIP – Take care to keep your wire kink free. If your wire does break. Try to secure the remaining wire to the frame by wrapping to the edge and then take a new wire and coil over it.
10. Your last row is nine crystal rondelle beads. Finish with six coils making sure they are tight. Trim your wire close to the frame on the inside. Use your pliers to finish the end of the wire flushed to the pendant so the end of the wire will not stick out.